Saturday, March 26, 2011

Movie Shoot

בס"ד

Sometimes I wonder about my priorities. When we have the chance to spend an amazing Shabbos all together, I opt out. But when a religious video is being produced, and they need about 35 seminary girls to be background characters in a scene, I don't think twice.

Waiting in line for costume, hair and makeup, about 35 girls sit, thinking only about how cool it is to be in a movie. On my buket list as well, I am just one of the statistics. Of course, my typical want-for-everything attitude leads me to, when chosing my own costume, the most outrageous thing I could find. It was a little overboard, I admit. Rethinking my choice when we are standing around, after 12 am (arrive there 10 hours earlier), waiting to be seated in our scene, the director mumbles something to me. "What did she say? I can't sit here... why?" It was announced that, because of my costume, I will sit at the head, only one seat away, and directly across, from the speaking characters. Based on this outcome, I think I may never learn...

1 comment: